TESTING FOR COVID-19
- CCH collaborates with Denver Public Health and Denver Department of Public Health & Environment for surveillance events throughout Denver to monitor the virus and help reduce spread; all people experiencing homelessness (PEH) identified as COVID-19 positive from these events are referred to Activated Respite immediately.
- Stout Street Health Center offers testing to PEH with the four major COVID-19 symptoms. All people entering the Health Center will be screened for symptoms; please encourage PEH to notify the screener of any symptoms.
- Many Denver shelter locations offer free COVID-19 testing to people experiencing homelessness. Testing is encouraged but optional for shelter access. Testing schedules vary by location. If you are concerned about an outbreak at your shelter, please contact Denver Department of Public Health & Environment.
- CCH does not provide asymptomatic testing at any location for external programs or work clearances. However, COVID-19 testing is required for internal admissions to Protective Action, Beacon Place, and Fort Lyon referrals.
- Please refer to the following sites for more information on the most current available community testing information:
NOTE: Homeless service providers should complete an Activated Respite Referral for clients exhibiting symptoms and will be notified about placement, if available. Please do not send clients to Stout Street Health Center for COVID-19 treatment.