Types of Health Services
Colorado Coalition for the Homeless believes health means taking care of the whole you. At our Stout Street Health Center, and in our satellite locations, we provide a wide range of services. This "one-stop shop" approach is called integrated healthcare.
Below you can see the list of health services available with the Coalition. Please click on the tabs to learn more about those services.
For more information about any of our health services, please call (303)-293-2220.
Behavioral health clinicians and primary care providers work side-by-side, providing pediatric and adult patients with comprehensive, holistic care. Services target mental health conditions, substance use disorders, life stressors, and chronic disease.
Behavioral health care services include:
- Psychosocial or diagnostic assessments
- Brief counseling
- Wellness classes/groups
- Individual therapy
- Medication assisted treatment (buprenorphine)
- Specialty care referrals
Substance Use Treatment
The Stout Street Health Center holds a licensed ASAM Level 1 Outpatient Substance Use Disorder Treatment team. Our team of substance use disorder professionals provide individual and group counseling to assist patients in their recovery.
We also have a variety of classes and psychotherapy groups for prevention, education, and treatment. Topics may include: Diabetes Management, Anger Busters, DBT Skills, Beating the Blues, Lasting Recovery, MAT Support Group and more. Social support and knowledge can be valuable tools for coping. Patients can access schedule of classes by asking their provider or front desk staff for more information.
Stout Street Health Center offers complete healthcare services for children and teens. We address the needs of the whole child.
Pediatric services include:
- Well child check-up
- Sports physical examinations
- School/day care health forms
- Sick visits
- Behavioral health care
- Child Medicaid enrollment
- Dental care
- Vision care
Child, Adolescent and Family Therapy
Therapy plays a significant role in successful treatment. Appropriate identification, evaluation, and treatment of behavioral health problems with children and adolescents are priorities for Coalition programs. If appropriate, follow-up therapy and care are recommended for children, youth, and their families. Referrals, resources, and discharge planning are also provided as needed.
Monthly Pediatrics Night
On the first Wednesday of every month, the Stout Street Health Center stays open late to better serve families. From 4pm-6pm, the Health Center offers primary care, dental and vision exams for children under 18.
The Dental team provides compassionate and professional service in a state-of-the-art facility. The experienced and friendly staff will make sure you leave with a smile.
Dental care services include:
- Dental care for adults and children
- Fluoride treatments
- Stainless steel crowns
- Deep Cleanings (scaling and root planing)
- Periodontal maintenance visits
- Urgent needs and extractions
- Root canals
- Full or partial dentures
- Patient education on proper care for your teeth
Vision care services include:
- Comprehensive eye exams with dilation
- Yearly eye exams for diabetic patients
- New glasses every two years for patients who require significant correction (For patients with an eyeglass prescription less than two years old, the Eye Clinic may be able to make glasses without an appointment)
- Glaucoma testing
- Patient advocacy and navigation for specialty referrals and surgeries
- Complete optical services, repairs, and adjustments
- Patient education regarding eye disease
- Reading glasses
Eye Clinic Hours at Stout Street Health Center
Limited vision services are available during normal business hours.
Calendar coming soon of eye doctor appointment times. Check in at the Health Center for current schedule.
Pharmacy services are available to all patients receiving services within Colorado Coalition for the Homeless. We provide full-service pharmacy at Stout Street Health Center, while West End Health Center has a dispensing outlet where patients can pick up prescriptions that are filled at Stout Street Health Center.
We are here to help you with the following:
- Get the medicines you need in a timely way
- New prescriptions are filled on the same day as you are seen by your provider
- Refills ready for pick up within 24-48 hours
- Work directly with your providers to make sure you receive the right medications you need
- Help you understand your medicines with their interactions and side effects
We also provide medication management and pillbox services to help you organize your medications. Our pharmacists can give out flu shots as well.
We provide pharmacy services in either English or Spanish. We also accept Medicaid and Medicare Part D plans. Our pharmacy provides both prescription and over-the-counter medications to our patients. However, we do not stock any narcotic drugs. If prescribed, those prescriptions need to be filled at a commercial pharmacy.
REQUEST PRESCRIPTION REFILL
Call (303) 293-6516
Allow 24-48 hours to process refill request
Or request a refill through your patient website
Primary care services include:
- Physical exams
- Coordination with mental health/behavioral health services
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses such as:
- Liver disease
- Frost bite
- Foot and wound care
- Pre- and post-natal care (pregnancy care)
- Family planning
- Gynecological services
- Transgender care
- TB and STD exams, HIV and Hep C screenings
- Health maintenance
- Disease prevention
- Patient education
If you need help for substance use the staff at Stout Street Health Center have several ways to assist in recovery. We follow a harm reduction model, meaning we do not judge, pressure you, or use a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Come into the health center during normal business hours to meet with a provider to learn more about our Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program; we prescribe buprenorphine/naloxone for opioid use and Naltrexone for alcohol use.
- Meet with a Behavioral Health Provider during normal business hours for individual therapy for Substance Use Disorders.
- Come into Stout Street Health Center during our daily afternoon MAT Clinic to meet with our medical providers and peer specialists (staff with lived experience guiding and supporting you in recovery.
Monday-Friday | 1:00pm-4:00pm
Stout Street Health Center
Join us for the MAT Support Group from 12pm-1pm prior to clinic. Click here to learn more or to access a flyer to print.
The Coalition is a safe space no matter the services you need; we accept all people regardless of gender identity or sexual orientation.
If you identify as transgender, we are here to provide:
- Prescribing and initiating hormone medication
- Mental health services
- Letters of readiness for gender affirmation surgery
The Transition Care Management team coordinates transitions from the hospital to the community, respite care and primary follow-up care. A key objective of TCM is to reduce hospital utilization and readmission through increased primary care engagement.
- Conducts in-person visits and phone consultations with hospitalized CCH patients
- Collaborates on patient care with existing hospital team
- Coordinates access to CCH integrated care team for medical, mental health, and substance use disorder needs