SERVICE PROVIDER PREVENTION AND RESOURCES
Many people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms. In recent testing events, over half of patients and staff who had a positive COVID-19 test had no symptoms. All service provider staff are encouraged to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing, mask wearing, and handwashing hygiene, even after vaccination. Help protect yourself and each other by adhering to the guidelines and encouraging those around you as well.
Great for new staff, volunteers, or a refresher at any site providing services to people experiencing homelessness (PEH), watch these 5-minute videos geared toward non-healthcare professionals:
The Denver Joint Task Force recommends that homeless service providers screen for the 4 main symptoms of COVID-19.
- “In the last two weeks, have you had new or worsening…
- Fever (reported or temperature >100.0)
- Shortness of Breath
- Loss of taste or sense of smell?”
- If a PEH has any of the above symptoms, please recommend isolation and refer to Activated Respite as needed.
- If a PEH has multiple secondary symptoms of COVID-19 listed below, a healthcare consultation/evaluation is recommended:
- Muscle or body aches
- Sore Throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Call the Patient Assistance Line at (303) 312-9800 for COVID-related questions.