For more information, please call our Resource Development Department at 303.312.9640.
Gifts of stock or property can secure significant federal income tax savings for you, while building the Coalition’s assets. We encourage you to consult your attorney or tax advisor to learn about the various tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation.
Gifts of Stock and Securities
• Gain a federal charitable income tax deduction based on the stock's fair market value on the date of the gift to the Coalition (up to 30% of your adjusted gross income) if the stock was owned for more than one year.
• Carry over of the deduction for up to five additional years if the fair market value of the gift is more than 30% of your adjusted gross income.
• Avoidance of capital gains tax that is due when you sell appreciated stock. (Stock owned for one year or less is considered a short-term asset and usually won't produce attractive tax benefits).
For instructions on how to make a gift of stock, click here.
Gifts of Real Estate
• Gain a federal charitable income tax deduction equal to the full market value of the property, and avoid any capital gains taxes on the sale of property.
The Coalition is a member of the Vehicles for Charity program. The car donation process is simple.
• Please call Vehicles for Charity at 303.308.2400 and tell them you would like to donate a vehicle to benefit the Colorado Coalition for the Homeless. They will coordinate the donation once you give them a location, condition of the vehicle, and the vehicle’s title (each of which is required by state law).
• The vehicle is collected for free, and you are entitled to a tax deduction for your donation.